Best Treatment for Acne: Acne- the silent complain amongst teenagers, prospective brides-to-be, fashion models and the beauty conscious. But fear not, many natural treatments are available and that to which are pocket friendly.
During puberty, surging hormones are also to blame as they also cause acne. Many a times, acne is also a gift from the genetics department.
Acne isn’t always cystic outgrowth but blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and scarring also characterize it. Having acne doesn’t mean you are a dirty person with little hygiene. It’s just that your oil glands are working too hard.
People with acne are often very self-conscious and have low self-esteem but by spreading awareness about natural acne treatments, these issues can be addressed as well. After all, knowledge is power.
Best Treatment for Acne:
Hormonal Acne: This type of acne pays the females a monthly visit, just before their period. They mostly appear along the jawline or chin as zits. A combination of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide is your weapon. This combo will stop hormonal acne from re appearing.
Another type of zit is the one with a white center. You can use salicylic acid for this one. Exfoliate the area where acne is present and the beta-hydroxy acid present salicylic acid will work its magic. An over the night application of salicylic paste works too.
Inflammatory Acne: These types of acne usually don’t form a head. They are due to bacteria and make the acne to get red, bumpy and painful. Benzoyl peroxide is the best bet for this type of acne. The only drawback is that benzoyl peroxide might cause dry skin.
Cystic Acne: This acne is red, angry but also in pain. They often recur at the same place and are du to simulations of the oily glands. For this type of acne, the above mentioned items don’t work. Cortisone gels, antibiotics or topical medications are to be used.
Natural Acne Healers:
- Apple cider Vinegar: With mother culture, apple cider vinegar is a powerful remedy. This vinegar has magnesium, potassium and various enzymes that attacked skin bacteria, used by many as best acne treatment.
- Masks that heal: No, not the mask the Zorro or Jedi. These healing masks cool down,pimple treatment and hydrate the skin. Mix honey, yoghurt and cinnamon to form the mask and apply two to three times a week.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation of the skin eliminates oil residues or excess oil. This clears out the skin and growth of acne is inhibited. Use acne medication course yet effective scrubs like sea salt, Kefir, sugar etc.
- Treat the spots: individual spots appear early on which indicate that a pimple would grow soon. Apply tea tree oil over the spot and heal the acne, this is best acne spot treatment. Jojoba oil can be used as well.
- Eat healthy: don’t skip the green and other colored veggies. Avoid junk food especially fried foods as they cause notorious pimples which keep coming back.
To give acne a positive spin, consider it as if your body is trying to tell you something. If you are getting irritated by excess presence of acne, get it checked. Hormone and blood profiling will give you a better idea about the acne and your health.