Cucumbers are upbeat green fruits which are often used as a vegetable. These are made of 95 percent water. They contain some very healthy nutrients including vitamin c,b,k, copper, potassium and manganese. Eating them on a scorching summer day can help you stay hydrated. However, there’s reason to eat cucumber all year long, cucumbers can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread among those eating a typical American diet.
Cucumbers contain distinctive polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce risk of chronic diseases and much more.
Cucumber Benefits Of Skin And Hair:
- Supplies skin friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium and silicon
- Alleviates blood pressure
- Pacifies muscle and joint pain
- Loads you with vitamins
- Helps digestion
- Smooth’s hair and skin
- Keeps kidneys in shape
- Good for diabetics
- Reduces cholesterol
- Cucumbers are perfect to keep you hydrated in the summer months, as they replenish the body with fresh water. Cucumbers can also help in protecting the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and memory problems. This is due to the anti-inflammatory fisetin contained within
When eaten on a daily basis the antioxidants within can lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- If you have trouble with bad breathe, you can place a cucumber slice in the roof of the mouth for 10 minutes to kill the bacteria.This has been used in ayurvedic medicine for many years.
- The peel is also an excellent source of fiber and will help you to lose weight. I recommend blending this into a smoothie for weight loss
- Tannins and flavonoids in the fruit have also been shown to help relieve headaches and tension behind the eyes.
- Make sure to use organic cucumbers for the best effects, as some varieties have wax added to the skin for transport purposes. This can be eaten however it can contain pesticides which aren’t so healthy.
- You can use cucumbers around the eyes to soothe puffiness and dark circles.
- Simply chill a cucumber in the refrigerator, take two slices and place them over your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Cucumber can be used with lemon to create a detox drink for weight loss.
- Best foods for the body and overall health, they are frequently referred to as super food,
Effective Cucumber Benefits for Skin and Hair:
- Cucumbers are extremely low in calories, but, extremely high in nutrients, so they make a great health snack.
- when cucumbers are digesting, they dissolve into gel like texture, which helps slow down digestion and this is why fiber rich foods are great for weight management.
- If you don’t like to eat the skin on cucumber, the peel can be used for skin irritations and sunburns.
- Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory property help reduce puffiness.
- Cucumber juice can also be used to get silky and shiny hair, what conditions the hair owing to slica which can make you hair look more beautiful.
Cucumber Reduce the Risk of Cancer:
Cucumbers contains polyphenols, which can lower risk of various cancers, such as breasts, uterine, ovarian and prostate cancers. Cucumbers also contains phytonutrients which has anti-cancer properties,
Cucumber as Stress Busters:
Cucumbers make great stress busters, they contain B vitamins, including B1, B5 and B7, and Vitamin B is used to reduce anxiety
Cucumber for Hangover Cure:
To avoid morning hangover or headache eat a few cucumber slice before going to bed, as they contains sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes,
Cucumber has Antioxidant Property:
This vegetable is loaded with antioxidants such as vitamin c, beta carotene, they also contains antiflavanoids, one of these is quercetin, which is proven to reduce histamin release,
Cucumber for Keampferol:
Fights cancer, lowers risk of heart disease, Cucumbers contains polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol and secoisolariciresinol) which helps to lower risk of breast cancer.
Cucumber Help Reduce Inflammation:
It allows to cool the inflammatory response in the body, studies have shown that cucumber extract can reduce pro inflammatory enzymes.,
Cucumber for Brian protection:
cucumbers contains fistein, is shown to promote brain health, this helps improve your memory and protect nerve cells.
Cucumber as Beauty Creams:
Cucumber is used in many beauty products, as it can treat acne, psoriasis, etc.
Cucumber Regulating Blood PH:
The alkalinity of minerals in cucumber juice effectively helps in regulating body’s blood PH, neutralizing acidity, the juice also works great in treating gastric trouble.
Cucumber Controls Blood Pressure:
As cucumber contains sodium that can help regulate blood pressure,
Cucumber for Hair Growth:
The silicon and sulfur present in cucumber juice helps in promoting hair growth drink the juice with carrot juice
Cucumber for Building connective tissues:
The excellent source of silicon contributes per construction of connective tissues in the muscles and bones
It has temperature regulating properties, have a glass of cucumber juice once a day when suffering from fever
Cucumber Eliminates uric acid:
Cucumber stops inflammation and restore painful joints as it eliminates uric acid
Cucumber for Sun burn:
When you have a sun burn, rub a slice of cucumber in the affected area